Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Education Maintenance Allowance

Friday, 26 July 2013

The Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is provided to assist eligible families with the costs associated with the education of their children.

More details about the process for claiming EMA for Semester 2 at Wallan Secondary College for 2013 are now available.

Claiming EMA for semester two

If you have not claimed EMA in semester 1, a claim form can be completed to claim semester 2 benefits. 

To be eligible for receipt of the EMA you must:

§  be either a parent or guardian of a primary or secondary school student up to the age of sixteen; and

§  be an eligible beneficiary of a Centrelink pension, allowance or benefit within the meaning of the State Concessions Act 2004 or be a Veterans Affairs (TPI) pensioner or be a temporary foster parent.

Consequently parents/guardians are able to access the EMA if they have a valid Health Care Card or valid Pension Card.

The eligibility criteria must be met as at the first day of Term 3 (15 July 2013). 

The EMA application must be submitted to the school by 2 August 2013 for the second instalment. 

EMA application forms are available from the school office.


Carol McLean
College Bursar

Comments (0)

Leave a comment

You are commenting as guest. Optional login below.

Staff / Student Intranet Login