Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA)

Thursday, 13 February 2014 Posted in Parents and Friends, Wallan Life

If you have a child under 16, and you hold a valid Health Care Card, Pension Card, or are a temporary foster parent, you may be eligible to receive the EMA.

The allowance is paid in two instalments, one in March and one in August.
How to Apply: Contact the school office to obtain an EMA application form
Closing Date: You need to obtain an EMA application form from the school office and return by 28 February 2014.
The Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is provided by the Victorian Government to lower-income families to help with education-related costs.
The payment is intended to assist with education-related costs such as; uniforms, excursions, textbooks, and stationery. You can elect to have your EMA paid in one of the following ways:

  • Paid by direct deposit (Electronic Funds Transfer) into your own nominated bank account; or
  • Paid to the school to be held as credit which you can use towards education expenses; or
  • Paid by cheque which will be posted to the school for collection.

In 2014, the annual EMA amount per student is:

  • $300 for year 7 students
  • $250 for students in year 8 – until age 16*

* A pro-rata amount is payable for students turning 16 in 2014.
For more information about the EMA, visit

Comments (0)

Leave a comment

You are commenting as guest. Optional login below.

Staff / Student Intranet Login