We are all set and ready for a very busy year ahead. Our staff have relaxed over the holidays and have also been very busy preparing their engaging curriculums for the year ahead.
Our new Year 7’s should feel very welcome in their first few days of Secondary College, as should a number of students who have joined the College at a range of Year Levels. The Wallan Secondary College Community is a truly wonderful place to be connected to. Also to our 2015 Year 12 group, we wish you luck, lots of study and persistence over the last 9 months of your Secondary School lives.
As parents of the College Community I take this opportunity to remind you how important YOU are in the lives of our young people and their success at each level of Secondary School. As parents it is important that you:
- Ring us when your student is going to be absent;
- Provide us with notes/doctors certificates when your child is absent;
- Ensure that your student has all of the resources they require for learning; pens, paper, textbooks etc. If you are unsure what they require please ring our office for further information
- Put a copy of their timetable on your fridge – ensure that everyone is aware what is happening each day
- Assist us to ensure that your student completes homework – every day, there is never ‘NO’ homework!
- Download our TicBiz, smart phone app today (more information about our new smart phone app will be coming home shortly)
- Regularly take a look at the Parent Portal (more information about the Parent Portal below)
- Ensure that you access your students reports (more information about our reporting schedule below)
- Check their uniform when they leave home, all of our students should represent our College with pride.
- FINALLY: Contact the school whenever you have concerns and be sure to attend all Parent, Student and Teacher interviews – regardless of your students’ progress.