Dear Parents and Caregivers,
I must first apologise for the delay in providing this information to you; Term 3 has proved to be a particularly challenging term with regard to staffing!
It has taken from Week 1 to Week 7 of this term for me to be able to report that all staffing changes have been managed and that effective changeovers have taken place where required.
Here is the information regarding Term 3:
- Miss Jess Hill now has the Year 11 English class previously taken by Mr Edge. Head of English, Ms Mel Hayek, took one of Ms Hill’s classes.
- Mr Paul Mangan (replacement for Mr Perrins) and Ms Sara Mamone (replacement for Ms Attard) were both unable to commence due to ill health issues.
- Mr Koshi Dinkha has replaced Mr Perrins for the rest of the year.
- Ms Beth Wilson has replaced Ms Attard for the rest of the VET Hospitality year, but the day has had to change to Tuesdays due to availability.
- Ms Sarah Sekfy has taken up the Leading Teacher role as Head of the Student Management Team. Subsequently Mr Andrew Ellis will take the Year 12 Physics class and Year 10 Science until the end of the year.
- Mr Ellis is also now our School Bus Coordinator, replacing Mr Stephen Edge, who left Wallan Secondary College in July.
- Ms Rochelle Declase, who taught at Wallan Secondary College in 2009, has returned to take all the English classes left by Mr Edge. We are thrilled that Ms Declase has been able to join our staff at such short notice.
- Ms Sam Gierveld has also returned to Wallan Secondary College. Ms Gierveld taught Science from 2009 to mid 2012, and is back with us teaching Food Technology and Humanities.
As you can see, the term has been particularly busy in regard to staffing. In each case I have endeavoured to minimise the impact on students, but in some instances, change has been necessary and somewhat disruptive. I thank all our students for their understanding and cooperation in these matters, and I’m confident that Term 4 will be much less eventful.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any queries regarding the staffing changes made.
Finally I’m extremely happy to announce that Mr Paul Slizewski will be on marriage leave from today until the end of Term 3. His marriage to Ms Sarah Caramarco takes place on Saturday August 31st.
Ms Wendy Caramarco