The Victorian Government has announced that additional COVIDSafe measures will be in place from 6pm on Tuesday 25 May, in metropolitan Melbourne.
Changes to the COVIDSafe settings include new limits to public and private gatherings and changes to mask wearing in some settings.
Schools will remain open with the current restrictions that are in place. There are no changes to existing density rules.
If you are in metropolitan Melbourne:
• School staff and secondary school students aged 12 or older must carry a face mask at all times and wear a face mask indoors when at school, including when attending an Outside School Hours Care (OSHC) program, unless a lawful exception applies.
• Children under 12 years of age and students at primary school are not required to wear face masks when at school, or when attending an OSHC program.
• Face masks are mandatory for all school staff and school students aged 12 or older on public transport and when in taxis or ride share vehicles. This includes travelling to and from school on public transport or in a vehicle with others not from your household.
• Teachers and education support staff are not required to wear face masks while teaching, but those who wish to do so, can.
If you are in Regional Victoria:
• Individuals aged 12 years and over (inclusive of staff, students, and visitors) must always carry a face mask – unless a lawful exception applies.
• Face masks are mandatory for people aged 12 years and older on public transport and when in taxis or ride share vehicles or touring vehicles. This includes travelling to and from school on public transport.
Visitors and parents continue to be welcome at our school but must also observe face mask requirements.
These restrictions travel with secondary students who live in metropolitan Melbourne if they attend a school in regional Victoria. Secondary students who live in regional Victoria but attend a school in metropolitan Melbourne also need to comply with mask requirements for metropolitan Melbourne.
School camps and excursions in both metropolitan and regional Victoria can continue if face mask requirements are followed.
These measures are aimed at giving health authorities the best opportunity to stop the spread of the virus in our community.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to implement COVIDSafe practices at our school.